Below is the Judging Manual as well as forms used by members of the National Daffodil Society of New Zealand to nominate flowers and individuals for special honors and awards.
Download these PDFs by clicking on the award title.
*NDSNZ Judging Manual - This was originally published in 2007 and revsied in February, 2015.
1. Nomination for the Award of Certificate of Recognition - This certificate can be awarded to anyone - members, non-members, groups or organizations who have provided a service to the society or have significantly promoted daffodils to the wider public and do not meet the criteria for the David Bell Medal.
2. Nomination for the Award of the David Bell Bronze Medal - In order for this award to be made it must be demonstrated that the nominee has given outstanding service to the management and administration, or the financial well-being of The National Daffodil Society of N.Z..
3. Nomination for the Award of the David Bell Gold Medal - In order for the award to be granted, it must be demonstrated that the nominee has made an outstanding and major contribution to the advancement of daffodils in the fields of breeding and/or culture.
Note: The nominee does not have to be a member of The National Daffodil Society of N.Z. (Inc.).
4. Floral Awards Form - All applications for the awards must reach the Secretary not later than 10 a.m. on the first morning of the show (usually the Saturday). Please inform the Show Manager when placing your entries that you will be submitting an application for a Floral Award. Applications must be made on this form.
2. Award categories are (a) Certificate of Preliminary Commendation, (b) Award of Merit and (c) First Class Certificate, all categories being awards for a daffodil cultivar for Exhibition.
5. Nomination for the Award of a Life Membership - Specific criteria are listed on this form.
6. Nomination for Society Office - Specific requirements are listed on this form.
If you have any questions, please contact the Honorable Secretary, Catherine McKay at firstname.lastname@example.org